Friday, February 5, 2010

T. G. I. Five Question Friday...

1. What are you most afraid of?

I don't even have to think about it... the correct answer is MONKEYS! 

In every shape and size. No, you can not brainwash me into thinking that "the small ones are cute"... No, you can not convince me that only the big ones are scary... NO, you can NOT convert me. Monkeys from the smallest to the biggest, from baboon to gorilla to orangutan are Satan spawn... and if you'd like, please to refer to an entire post I wrote on the subject...

2. Do you use a flat iron or curling iron?


I guess that would depend on how much time I'm willing to waste on fruitless endeavors... I have naturally wavy hair... but not that fabulous natural wave that holds style... more like that nappy, stringy, day at the beach kind of wave... and that leaves me with two options:
  1. Spend 45 minutes curling and styling for 3 and 1/2 minutes of cute
  2. Spend 20 minutes straightening until the inevitable Seattle mist kinks it into submission
So I guess the answer is both... but you wouldn't know it to look at me...

3. Hands-free or phone to the ear?


When driving I attempt to abide by the law and Bluetooth the hell out of my calls... but the sad truth is sometimes I just can't be bothered to blindly dig through my purse and locate said hands-free device before the person calling is redirected to voicemail. 

However, when not behind the wheel, I refuse to be that asshole... the one that strolls along appearing as if they are conversing with the voices in their head, only to hold up a single finger and then point to their ear when the normal people of the world try to answer the questions that are presumably being asked of them... So to the ear, all the way...

 

 
4. Do you have a matching bedroom set?

Not even a little bit. I have what one would call a hodge podge of mismatched hand-me-down furniture. I believe that "matching bedroom sets" are for "grown-ups" and I am far from crossing that threshold...

5. Do you believe in the paranormal?


Abso-effing-lutely... As far as I'm concerned, there is some scary shit out there... shit that I prefer NOT to invite into my life. And therefore, I mess NOT with the Ouija, or the seance, or the spirit world... I live amongst the living and let the other side stay on the other side...


 
Once again... Thanks Mama M!

4 comments:

  1. your pics made this so fun to read. thanks for not being that asshole. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand about the hair. except only the back part of my hair is wavy...the front is perfectly straight. yeah very annoying - do you use curling stuff or straightening stuff (neither of which work on the other)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the 5QF blog hop - great blog! Love your answers!!! I have answered the guy on the bluetooth too many times to count and then slinked off when he looked at ME as if I was the one who was invading HIS privacy! Ugh! (Then laughed uncontrollably when I was out of sight...)

    And, good for you for your answer to #5 - don't mess with it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters hair is a major pain. Curly underneath, and straight on the top layer. She brushes it and 5 minutes later you can't even tell. She has a straight iron, but doesn't use it often.

    I liked your list.

    ReplyDelete