Sunday, February 28, 2010

I usually complain on Sundays...

I can't complain today...

There is an excess of negative energy in me right now, I am drowning in it. So I am choosing not to strap on the cinder blocks and sink any deeper...

Instead I shall focus on the things I am grateful for... because that's what it's really all about anyway...

~Ro~ 
My best friend of 16 years... who ALWAYS has my back... who ALWAYS takes me in... who ALWAYS knows what to say... who ALWAYS helps me up after I've been knocked down... who ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS encourages me to be the very best version of me...



~Lola-Bell~ 
My "wifey"... my soul sister... who listens when I speak... who reminds me how to laugh again... who's beauty is infinite both inside and out... who always has a shoulder to cry on or a couch to sleep on or a clever insult aimed at whoever has made me sad...who's just like me, and I like her, and no one quite like us... 



~Mags~ 
Me, just 6 years ago... who doesn't know her own strength even as I'm awed by it... who is a shining star in my sky... who speaks with reckless abandon and honesty... who knows just what I need and just when I need it... who isn't afraid of being exactly who she is... who loves unconditionally even when it hasn't been earned but especially when it has...



~My Mama~ 
My rock... who only wants me to be happy no matter what... who is ALWAYS cheering me on and holding me up... who is the strongest person I know...


~The Bachelor Finale~  
Enough said...



~A Job Interview~ 
at a theater... NOT at a doctor's office... and not a movie theater, a REAL theater...


~A New Apartment~ 
with "wifey"... and hardwood floors... and a pool... and a view of the water... downtown...



~Cherry Blossoms~ 
blooming... which are just the happiest trees out there...


~Hope~
...and faith. 
That it will get better... and that it's not really that bad... 
and that 
"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should..." ~Max Ehrmann


~Compassion~ 
and human decency... holding doors for strangers... picking up a toy that someone else's child dropped in the street and running to catch up to them and give it back... buying Girl Scout Cookies to send overseas... daily phone calls from friends just to "check in"... helping an elderly person up the stairs...


~My Fabulous Shoe Collection~
because they really are just FABULOUS...


~Creative Outlets~ 
acting... writing... singing... dancing... how sad a life without art might be...


~Laughter~ 
tear inducing... belly clutching... cheek hurting... laughter... and all those who bring that into my life... including me...


~Chick Flicks~ 
hope for the hopeless... that the fairytale really does exist... and that we all deserve it...


~Cab Drivers~ 
who tell stories in broken English... about how they can't watch people dance... because the music consumes them... and they just HAVE to grab the closest lady and hit the floor... as if a force more powerful than them is at hand...


~Forensic Shows~  
because they are FASCINATING... and they keep my head occupied and searching and learning... because when all else fails there is Investigation Discovery Channel and truTV...


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely insight into your life! :)

    HOW EXCITING for new apartment and THEATRE interview!!!! How delightful to be surrounded by teh arts! :) Let us know how that goes! And keep your chin up, lady, life looks good from this angle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to have such good people in your life. And in an interview in a for real THEATRE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot the most important thing. The only one who has loved you so much that he died just for you!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you show us your shoe collection? I have, like, no shoes, I'd love to see some eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things are so crummy...but how lucky are you to have such wonderful women in your life to help you through the grumblies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The theatre interview is exciting. How did you end up with friends that are all so cute?? Also, I wish there were cherry trees (or ANYTHING) blooming here in the great white north.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...Dillard...such nice things you have to say about me! I'm grateful for you to, more than you will ever know!

    ...and I'm so glad to see that you are beginning to see some light at the end of this crab infested tuna smelling tunnel. It may just be a hazy pinpoint right now, but it's there nonetheless.

    Now get your ars over here cause we have 3 hours of pizza, cookie dough and the Bachelor finale! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awweee that's such a cute post!
    My favourite kind of people in this world are also mothers and best friends... :)
    nothing like them.
    Also, I'm so very jealous of your shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete